- Electric gate: how to choose? What price? The electric gate is a very convenient way to access your property. Functional and comfortable, it can be operated remotely without leaving your vehicle; a godsend though.
- Can remote controls be installed on a roller shutter with a switch? Your house is equipped with electric roller shutters operating by switch, but for your comfort, would you like to control them remotely using a remote control? Good.
- Why opt for roller shutters? Advantages and disadvantages Roller shutters are increasingly installed in homes, both for new construction and as part of renovations. Indeed, they have many advantages.
- Choosing your windows according to the AEV standard: explanations Faced with the multiple products available on the market, it is not always easy to choose your windows. In addition to the aesthetic issue and the choice of material, it is important to hold.
- How to repaint your wooden shutters, step by step? Wooden shutters are both useful to protect and insulate your windows and aesthetic to decorate the facade of your home. Nevertheless, on the contrary of aluminum or PVC shutters.
- What are the standard dimensions of a window? When you are designing the plans for your future home or you are considering a renovation of your home, you may be forced to choose between standard-sized windows.
- How to choose a custom-made bay window: advice and installation prices? You have decided to transform your interior into an airy and bright place. The ideal solution: the custom-made bay window. Not only does it bring a unique aspect to your home.
- What is the standard size of an entrance door and interior door? Whether it is a question of installing or replacing an entrance door or an interior door in a home, it is advisable to opt for standard dimensions if possible. This.
- How to restore the shine to PVC doors and windows? PVC doors and windows are on the rise in our homes. A success that can be explained by the good insulation performance of this material, by its economic cost.
- Choosing PVC windows: solutions, advantages, disadvantages and cost PVC windows represent more than 60% of the market today. They owe their success in particular to their insulating power and their low cost. Other advantages: PVC windows.
- The solar roller shutter, economical solution: explanations, installation price The solar roller shutter represents an ecological and economical solution. It is completely independent of an electrical system and can therefore even work in the event of a power outage.
- How to fix a blocked roller shutter? A roller shutter, whether manual or automatic, can jam for several reasons. It can be a mechanical failure or an electrical failure of one of the parts of the shutter.
Whether it is the replacement of a broken or split glass or the transition from a single glazing to a double or triple glazing, it is possible to act on your own. We present you the steps to follow for a successful change, step by step. On the other hand, if you prefer to use the services of a professional, find out the budget that you will need to plan and the steps to be taken.
Changing a window pane yourself is not a really difficult operation. On the other hand, it is important to do it well to obtain a quality result.
No construction site without preparation! Start by equipping yourself with gloves to allow you to handle the glass without injuring yourself; non-slip models will facilitate handling and prevent the glazing from slipping out of your hands.
Then remember to have the right tools at hand to intervene :
If the glass that you want to change does not respect the dimensions of your window, do not hesitate to have your glass cut by a custom-made cutting professional; most major DIY store brands will offer you this service.
If you have the right equipment and the right tools, you can get started.
Changing a pane of glass on a wooden window is a technical operation that is divided into several steps.
Start by removing the glass to be changed. To do this, unfasten your window and place it on a horizontal support of the trestle type, the inner side facing up. Remove the broken pieces of the glass to be replaced as well as the old fixing nails. With the plasterer’s knife, remove the putty and then the tips of the rabbet with the pincers. If the putty is difficult to remove, heat it slightly with a gas nozzle. Clean the entire upright, including the inside of the rabbet, and let it dry well.
Apply the putty in a regular bead to the bottom of the rabbet and flatten it slightly by hand or with a putty gun.
Then insert the new glass into the housing. Start with the bottom part and make sure to center it well. Press gently so that the glass adheres to the sealant, touching only the edges so as not to break it.
Finally, fix your glass with the help of glazier’s tips which are 15 mm nails without a head. Plant two per side. Plant them in the top of the rabbet to file them in the putty. Finish with a new layer of putty that you will take care to smooth out.
Wait at least a week before returning to your window to wash or paint it, while the putty is completely dry.
On a PVC window, changing a pane of glass is a simple and quick operation, the latter being retained only by glazing beads, which are the rods that surround the glazing, along the frame.
Unclip the glazing beads using your wood chisel and then carefully remove the glass. Then you just need to put the new glass in place of the old one and then re-clip the glazing beads.
If you do not want to replace your glass yourself or if you do not have the opportunity, you can call on a professional glazier. However, be aware that this type of service provider is free to set the rates of his choice, especially in terms of pure labor. The bill will also evolve according to other criteria, such as the type of glazing, its surface, the geographical area in which you live (prices being generally more expensive in the capital and major cities) or even the time of the intervention (an additional charge will be expected for an emergency intervention, an evening, a weekend or a public holiday).
In general, the intervention of a pro will cost you between 60 and 200 euros per square meter of glazing :
Always contact several glaziers in order to have at least three quotes. Compare them and negotiate if you wish to get the offer at the best quality / price ratio.
However, don’t go headlong! A window with broken glass can be covered by your home insurance, whether it is a burglary or a small accident on your part. So start by contacting your insurer to activate the ice breakage guarantee. Even if he does not cover the repair costs or if he agrees to cover only part of it, he will at least be able to advise you on the services of a competent glazier.
Voila: I would like to replace the small tiles (double glazing) of a wooden window from the 60s without disassembling it, because it consists of two openings and a fixed third (therefore unmountable). Is it possible?